This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 2 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Have questions or comments on our HD2 Treaded Robot? Be sure to checkout our support page and let us know if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Ben
    Participant

Is there a way for the user to control the speed of each individual track of the HD2 robot? I am using the WiFi control package interface program (WiFi ATR 3.4.0 .NET application) to communicate with the robot, and its robot command message contains only one byte for moving forward/reverse and another byte for steering to the left/right. I would like to control the motion of the robot by sending the left and right track speeds (or motor powers) to the robot. Thanks.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Motor mixing is handled on the robot side. It’s expecting a drive and turn value. As built you will not be able to send individual speed commands to the motors.

Ben
    Participant

Then, is there a way to tune or adjust the parameters of the motor mixing running on the HD2 robot? When it is commanded to move straight forward, the left track of my robot moves much slower than its right track (left travels only ~8.72 inches for every 10 inches by the right). This results in a continuous drifting and rotation to the left, and makes it very diffcult to drive along a hallway without hitting the wall every few meters. I was thinking of controlling the individual track’s speed to compensate the difference. Thanks.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

The robot performs the action it is commanded. If it’s pulling slightly to one side you could apply an open loop correction factor by proportionally applying a turn value to even it out.

Alternatively, your robot did come equipped with encoders so you could apply a PID controller to keep the robot driving completely straight.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

As a side note, your HD2 should not be pulling significantly and should drive straight even without PID or control adjustment… Make sure the tracks and chains are tensioned properly and that both motors are on each side are working.

Ben
    Participant

Our technicians have checked the tracks and chains of the robot and they are all functioning properly. For some unknown reasons, the track (or motors) on the left moves much slower than the one on the right side. To keep the vehicle moving straight forward, I have to steer it a lot to the right continuously (i.e. applying a turn=’+9′ command).

Ben
    Participant

Besides the standard ways and kits provided to control this robot,is there any other way like a library or SDK or available API, maybe just access to control robot from other computers available ? Is there anyway to create one ?

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

All our WiFi Robots can be controlled by any windows PC or tablet. We provide the .NET source with the purchase of a WiFi control package. The control is a simple serial protocol over TCP/IP. It can easily be ported into you own custom program as long as the same packet of data is sent to the WiFi controller, it will work no problem. If you get a programable Wi-Fi control package, you can change the protocol, etc. and customize it even further. If you want us to develop a specific application, we can do that too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account