Tagged: 

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     pengyou
    Participant

I am very glad I found your webpage! You have so much info organized in a way that is easy to access and understand. I am 53 now and am shopping for a piece of land – hope to find it and start getting set up within the next two years. I am going to rent large earth moving equipment for the initial excavation – contouring, trenching, etc but I forsee the need to have a multipurpose, “intelligent” tractor – maybe a tractor-droid? Dimensions: about 4″ wide and 6 ” long, with tracks powered by 6 electric hub motors. It should look something like this (see attached), but most likely will be a little taller and will have a robotic arm/crane attached to it most of the time. It will serve to move material, pull plows, rototillers, spraying equipment, etc The hub motors are 48 volts, 2000 watt with a top speed of 200 rpm and about 40 N/m (31 ft/lbs) of torque. Do you know how I would go about determining whether there is enough power from these motors to do what I want? I also want the robotic arm to be strong enough to lift and maneuver 100 pounds. All of the forums that I have investigated have robots that manipulate 5-10 pounds. Any suggestions for more powerful ones?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

I assume when you say 4″ x 6″ you mean 4 feet by 6 feet. If so then the size is very close to our custom hydraulic robot we call overkill. How do you intend to use 6 motors in a track design? you need to get a good amount of wrap around the wheel for it to contribute to the power. On the same page as overkill is a 6WD Snow plow, which you could use the hob motors form. We have built large arms before, but they are not as cheap as the alb varsity you reference. It may be easier and more cost effective to just buying a front end loader or back hoe and remote controlling it, then you have the arm, drive train, etc all taken care of. Sounds like a fun project. Let us know if you want us to do it for you. You can fill out our custom robot request form. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account