Tagged: 

This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

A Customer recently asked: “Quick question I have a spektrum dx3r radio and receiver can these saber tooth controllers be set up. So my throttle controls both motors at the same time , ie. Forward and reverse 2 motors with the throttle trigger. And then. When steering channel is activated it slows or anti spins wheels to accommodate proper turning increments Or do I have to control it. Via the one analog style say with a dx6 right hand joystick method”

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

With a DX3 you have three signals; the trigger (throttle), the wheel (steer), and an auxiliary input. Connectng the throttle on your receiver to S1 and Steer to S2 you will be able to drive and turn your robot with the DX3.

From the sound of your setup, you will need to configure the motor controller by setting the DIP switch to 01 11 11 (0 being down and 1 being up). This will set you as RC mode, motor mixing, and linear response. The link below is helpful when configuring the Sabertooth this way.
    http://www.dimensionengineering.com/datasheets/SabertoothDIPWizard/start.htm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account