This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 11 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     Ryan
    Participant

Hey all,
    I’m experiencing an error concerning the communication between the software(WifiATR), and the Wireless network setup on one of our superdroid robot.The problem is the software isn’t receiving any data from the robot whenever we try to establish a connection between the two. It appears that the red dot at the bottom left of the software user interface doesn’t change from red to green at any point, indicating it’s not communicating with the robot.Even when the communication settings are being changed, and updated based on the instructions followed for properly installing and running WifiATR, an error message pops up regarding ‘data cannot be read from the robot’.

On the other hand, a wireless network is established and fully functioning because I had all routers connected with each other. However, while being able to ping the robot from the main access point(bridge) and all the clients connected to it, there were still no response from the software whenever we try to connect directly to the robot. The WifiAtr software works with the game-pad controller because it responds to the controls, but the only problem is connecting to the robot.
    It would be greatly appreciated to get some guidance to resolving this issue. Thanks!

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Have you loaded the appropriate settings file for your robot?

Ryan
    Participant

Actually I loaded the default_settings.dat file to the software. Secondly, I’ve change the ip address to the appropriate 192.168.10.240. Also, we’re not using the camera, so I’m wondering if the ‘ip’ settings is interfering with the communication.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Double check the network protocol. Most of the control systems we produce are configured for TCP due to port forwarding. Also try setting a static IP address on your computer to the appropriate subnet. You can also try connecting directly to your system or through a switch to rule out the possibility of an odd networking issue with your router.

If these do not work, please email us your order number so we have your specific setup to reference.

Ryan
    Participant

ok. Thanks Jason!

Ryan
    Participant

So thus far in terms of the network protocol, we matched the same port numbers on all network devices to that on the software. We did setup a static ip of 192.168.10.1 on the network device to it’s respective subnet 255.255.255.0. We also connected the computer directly to the robot via ethernet cable, as well as through a DHCP switch, and still no green light.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Please send us an email with an order number so I can pull up the specific configuration and firmware for your control package.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account