Tagged: 

This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 1 month ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     andrew4848
    Participant

what is the diff between a 12v d pack and a 12v AA pack rated at the same mah?

andrew4848
    Participant

i am trying to run one of your 24v motors with 2 12v batteries running in series. but not sure if i should get the 12v AA packs or the d packs.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

andrew11:17 AM
    for example the te-099-210 d pack and the te-088-110 AA pack. i know the mah is different but. what is the diff between a 12v d pack and a 12v AA pack rated at the same mah.

andrew11:18 AM
    is the d pack going to be more powerful versus the AA pack. rated at the same mah.

SuperDroid Robots11:19 AM
    yes, typically the D pack can deliver more current.

andrew11:23 AM
    ok i am trying to hook up a one of your 24v motors with 2 12v batteries running in series. do you think the AA packs would be ok or should i go with the d packs. my bot will probably be about 15lbs.

SuperDroid Robots11:26 AM
    D packs for sure

andrew11:27 AM
    ok thank you for clearing that up for me. i was thinking the AA batteries because they will fit better in my chassis.
    andrew11:29 AM
    but i want the power and run time so the d packs would probably work better.
    NiMH and NiCad Batteries
    32mm diameter gear motors

andrew11:38 AM
    i am trying to run 2 te-099-210 d packs in series with a td-015-265 24v motors with a sabertooth motor controller. does this sound like this setup will work efficiently it is around 15lb bot?

SuperDroid Robots11:39 AM
    yes a 2X12 sabertooth

andrew4848
    Participant

thanks for your help.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Just as a clarification. the AA packs can only handle about a 1A discharge rate without damaging the battery. The D packs can handle a 25A discharge with no damaging effect. We will get data sheets posted for the discharge rate of all our packs and post it shortly to help clear this up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account