This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 1 month ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     andy
    Participant

I am in need of help on how to integrate a servo with a switch no transmitter or receiver. I want to use the servo to move a rod to operate a linkage. I heard there is a module called a JTAG-ICE3 that will connect the servo to the module but how do I make the servo operate to it’s stop by the switch? Also my power source is 12V’s. How do I connect the right lower voltage to this?
    I am not a electronic guy so please be easy on me. LOL!

Andy

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Servos require a specific PWM signal. A simple switch will not work. It has to receive a pulse every 20ms that is between 1ms and 2ms (the width/length of the pulse determines the position of the servo). Please refer to our Servo/RC Support Page for more details. We have this simple servo controller, you could possibly do something by turning power on and off… You will also need a regulator to bring the voltage down below 12V. 4.8-6V is typical for a servo. Sorry, there is not simple solution and you will need some electrical experience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account