This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 4 months ago by SuperDroid.

• Author
     SuperDroid
    Keymaster

Custom Comments: – PWM Motor Control Information Needed.
    I need some information and a recommendation for the choice of a suitable PWM motor controller; it will be use on a pusher cart. (Similar what is used to move shopping carts)

The cart is powered by (2) 12-volt AGM 75-AH batteries in series at 24-volts and the motive power is a single Invicare electric wheelchair motor chain driven to the drive wheel, throttle control is by a single 5000 ohm linear potentiometer, the care weighs about 200# with ballast.

I do not have any specs on the motor but it draws around 4-amps continuous and I have been told 20-amps max.

I need the controller to be able to sustain a stall without destroying itself, coast with dynamic braking option and reverse with a capacity of around 30-amps.
    Can the output be protected with a circuit breaker?

I also need enough overkill for safety because it will be used around people.

For about 6 years I have been using a MC7 controller from Diverse Electronics but it had shorted out and gave me full on throttle only.

Please tell me what you recommend.

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

We would recommend Dimension Engineerings SyRen 25 for your application. It can be run in analog mode with a simple potentiometer. The manual linked on the item page shows how to use a potentiometer. The SyRen 25 has overload protection, but if you want the added security we have 24VDC circuit breakers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account