This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 2 months ago by Sam Bearing.

• Author
     Sam Bearing
    Participant

Hello dear SuperDroid,

My robot will have 2 DC reversible motors.

Could you please to recommend me P-n-P RC system for two DC motors 12V 180W and 50 rpm and motors as well?

SuperDroid
    Keymaster

The motors should only have one volt rating, I assume its 24V and at 12V it will he half power. Power(watts) = I(amps) * Voltage. So a 300W motor/24V will draw =12.5Amps. So a Sabertooth 2×12 RC will work, but it be maxed out if you max out the motors. So a better bet would be to get a Sabertooth 2×25 or 2×32. The 2×12 RC is meant for RC only. The others you just plug 2 of these servo pigtails into the receiver and sabertooth. The orange wires go to S1 and S2, red wire to 5V, and the brown to ground/0V. The sabertooth will power the receiver with 5V. If you don’t want to power the receiver with 5V, then don’t hook up the red wires to 5V. Set the dip switches to RC mode per the manual and you are good to go. If you don’t have a radio system, we sell Spectrum RC systems, which work real well.

Related links:

Sam Bearing
    Participant

Thank you so much. Fast, smart and friendly advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login Register

©2024 SDRobots.com | All rights reserved.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account